You are welcome to browse our website without ever providing us with your Personal Information. However, if you wish to deposit funds, place a bet and/or withdraw funds, you will, for legitimate reasons, be required to provide us with certain Personal Information so that we are aware of whom we are communicating with. We only collect such Personal Information as is required for the purpose of identifying you for your own security and maintaining your account. The Personal Information we collect can be viewed in the Edit Account Details area of our website. If you do decide to provide us with Personal Information, we will retain that Personal Information. By choosing to provide Personal Information on our Website, you consent to our collecting and retaining that Personal Information. We will collect Personal Information in a lawful and fair way, and not in an unreasonably intrusive way.
Use and Disclosure
BBET does not give, sell, rent, share, or trade any personal information regarding our Clients to third parties, except as set out below. All BBET employees are subject to confidentiality agreements in respect of clients’ details and trading habits.
When we collect Personal Information on our Website, we may use this information to:
- provide you with the services you have requested, or meet the purpose for which the information was submitted;
- upgrade, enhance and personalise your experience within the Website, or tailor our information, services or products for you;
- contact you for direct marketing or other promotional purposes;
- create aggregate data about our clients, such as average age, gender, demographics and other statistics to allow for more – efficient operation of this website;
- determine your liability to Australian GST.
By choosing to provide Personal Information on our Website, you consent to our using your Personal Information as set out above. Personal Information that you submit to our Website may be disclosed to a third party:
- to the extent necessary, to provide the service you have requested or to meet the purpose for which it was submitted;
- if we have informed you of the particular third party to whom it will be disclosed, at the time of collection;
- in order to participate in activities with business partners and sponsors, who will be identified to you when the relevant Personal Information is collected;
- to the extent necessary to carry out the uses which are set out above;
- if the disclosure is required by law, permitted by the National Privacy Principles, necessary to co-operate with a judicial process or a law enforcement agency, necessary to protect and defend the rights or property of BBET, this site, or participating sites, or necessary to lessen or prevent unlawful activity or serious threats to individuals, public health or safety.
Betting transactions conducted over the Internet may be observed, recorded and analysed by the relevant controlling body or regulatory inspectors.
We will take reasonable steps to protect Personal Information from misuse, loss, and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
We may decide to use and disclose non-personal information relating to your account usage. For example, we may decide to disclose aggregate average data for statistical purposes to current or potential stakeholders in BBET or for determining future marketing plans or upgrades to our website. Apart from mandatory information we need to provide our services to you, there may be data that does not personally identify you collected to monitor and improve our service. For example, when a web page is visited the URL of the page is recorded together with the time and date and the browser software being used. Each time you log into your account on our website, our web server will issue you with a cookie to authenticate you as the account holder. Once you are logged into your account on our website, specific or aggregate information may be collected and logged for security purposes. For example, our server recognises your domain name, IP address and the pages that you visit. These logs may be used for the resolution of problems and disputes.
Access and Correction
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the Personal Information we collect is accurate, complete and up-to-date. The Personal Information collected can be changed by entering the Edit Account Details in the Account section after logging on. Details of your transaction history can be found in the All Bets and Pending Bets areas of the website.
You consent to the use or disclosure of your Personal Information in circumstances which are:
- clearly explained to you at the time when the information is collected from you;
- or permitted under the National Privacy Principles.